Saturday, July 05, 2008

"The Grass Prayer"
(The Worshipping Grass)

Original Poem by : Ahmadun Yosi Herfanda
Translated and Compounded by : Mr. B.

The Grass Prayer

Even if you block the call for prayer
Even if you destroy God's houses for prayer
I, the grass, will never stop offering the prayer
At the desert, storm is swiping
And my body is shaking
But the prayer, I never cease offering
I am rooted down the earth firmly
Never stop reciting Sholawat Nabi

Even if you cut me down
New grasses wil be grown
Even if my leaves you burn down
I am the grass, the most beloved of God's Own
In the cities, I am turned down
In the jungle, I am widely grown
I, the grass, will never stop praying on my own

For sheep and cows, my green leaves will feed you
As for the soil, my strong roots will strengthen you
So where we are from, please give its due
On the lowest land, I'm staying
But my dzikr, my prayer will fill the entire universe with shaking

"Laa ilaha illallah muhammadur rasulullah"

I am the grass, the most beloved of God
The whole of my life is just prayer to God


chorus :
Inna sholati......(to the end)
Oh... ..my prayer is the prayer of grass
To surrender my body and my soul
I'm longing to be in the God's hands
My prayer is the prayer of grass
The prayer, the absolute surrender
Verily, my prayer, my worship, and the whole of my life and death
Are for the sake of Allah
Lord of the universe

No comments: